Re: rbd image backup best practice

I got a handy reply off list[1], which confirms a bit the direction I
was looking for. I am just wondering if there are some handy ceph
specific things that can be used to optimize such a process. Eg I am
using rbd images with minimum features[2] because I am still using the
3.10 kernel, I have no idea how object-map or journaling would be able
to assist, if at all. Now I have to issue 8 commands to access data on a
snapshot. Could be nice if I could mount a snapshot with just one. Same
would be for archiving and restoring such sparse images. I have
configured most vm's with discard='unmap' to keep the images small in
ceph.

[1]
snapshot, export | yourfavoritecompressor | remote system?

[2]
[@c01 ~]# rbd info rbd/xxxxx
rbd image xxxxx':
     size 50 GiB in 12800 objects
     order 22 (4 MiB objects)
     snapshot_count: 7
     id: 3621b16b8b4567
     block_name_prefix: rbd_data.3621b16b8b4567
     format: 2
     features: layering
     op_features:
     flags:
     create_timestamp: Mon Apr 15 22:24:05 2019
     access_timestamp: Mon Nov 30 16:23:39 2020
     modify_timestamp: Mon Nov 30 16:25:45 2020