Re: Tracing in ceph

hi Seena, sorry for the late reply,
 I have used jaeger to trace the rgw req, the PR is still not merged with
official repo, but you can give it a try
https://github.com/suab321321/ceph/tree/wip-jaegerTracer-noNamespace,
1. the cmake option to build jaeger is on by default so you dont need to
give any extra cmake cli parameters to build it,
2. download "jaeger-all-in-one" from here
https://www.jaegertracing.io/download/
3. when you are ready to give req to rgw just run this "jaeger-all-in-one"
exec in one terminal, and continue with your rgw req.
4. browse to http://localhost:16686 to jaeger frontend (you can see this
video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9_53PtwQHk which will only help you
know how to see the tracing in frontend)