PGs undersized for no reason?

Hi all,

I'm upgrading ceph mimic 13.2.8 to 13.2.10 and make a strange observation. When restarting OSDs on the new version, the PGs come back as undersized. They are missing 1 OSD and I get a lot of objects degraded/misplaced.

I have only the noout flag set.

Can anyone help me out why the PGs don't peer until they are all complete?
Is there a flag I can set to get complete PGs before starting backfill/recovery?

Ceph is currently rebuilding objects even though all data should still be there. Hence, the update takes an unreasonable amount of time now and I remember that with the update from 13.2.2 to 13.2.8 PGs came back complete really fast. There was no such extended period with incomplete PGs and degraded redundancy.

Thanks and best regards,