Multisite design details

Hello All,

I am looking to understand some of the internal details on how multisite is
architected. On the Ceph user list, I see mentions of metadata logs, bucket
index shard logs etc. but there is just no documentation anywhere I could
find on how multisite works using these.

Could someone please point me in the right direction here? Apart from the
code, is there any resource that could help me with understanding the
multisite internals?

--Girish