From: Jonathan D. Proulx <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 19 November 2020 15:33:06
To: ceph-users
Subject:  newbie Cephfs auth permissions issues

Hi All,

I've been using ceph block and object storage for years but just
wandering into cephfs now (Nautilus all servers on 14.2.9 ).

I created small data and metadata pools, a new filesystem and used:

ceph fs authorize <fsname> client.<name> / rw

creating two new users to mount it, both can one using fuse (14.2.9)
and one using kernel client (Ubuntu 20.04 kernel 5.4.0-53).

so far so good, but then it gets "weird" I can perform metadata
operations like "mkdir" and "touch" but not actually write any data:

testy-mctestface% touch /mnt/cephfs/boo
testy-mctestface% echo foo > /mnt/cephfs/boo
echo: write error: operation not permitted

auth caps look good to me, but seem most likely to be worng:

root@ceph-mon0:/ # ceph auth get client.client0
exported keyring for client.client0
[client.client0]
        key = <SEKRET>
        caps mds = "allow rw"
        caps mon = "allow r"
        caps osd = "allow rw tag cephfs data=<fsname>"

is "data" hear supposed to be <fsname> or <data_pool_name>? Presumably
it's fsname since that what the "fa authorize" put there and it should
know...

can anyone see what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks,
-Jon