CentOS 8, Ceph Octopus, ssh private key

Hi,

  Installing Ceph Octopus using cephadm. I managed to install ceph-common
with cephadm and when trying to add new hosts with "ceph orch host add
ceph2" I get error

"Error EINVAL: Failed to connect to ceph2 (ceph2). Check that the host is
reachable and accepts connection using the cephadm SSH key".

  I verified that I am able to ssh login to the ceph2 server with ceph
private_key like it was described in the error message. But since adding
new hosts to the ceph wasn't working, I tried generating the new private
key and updating the public keys to the remote servers with:
  # ceph cephadm clear-key
  # ceph cephadm generate-key
  # ceph cephadm get-pub-key > ceph.pub
  # ceph config-key get mgr/cephadm/ssh_identity_key > ceph.priv
  # ssh-copy-id -f -i /etc/ceph/ceph.pub root@ceph1
  # ssh-copy-id -f -i /etc/ceph/ceph.pub root@ceph2
  # ssh-copy-id -f -i /etc/ceph/ceph.pub root@ceph3
  And then testing that the private key really is working:
  # chmod 600 ceph.priv
  # ssh -i ceph.priv root@ceph2
  At this point ssh works with passwordless login. But still the ceph orch
host add ceph2 doesn't work (giving exactly the same error)

  I also tried restarting the manager with "ceph mgr fail" which was
informed somewhere -> no effect. Also tried rebooting the machines -> no
effect.

  Any tips I could still try ?

  Thank you very much!