Re: The feasibility of mixed SSD and HDD replicated pool

> 在 2020年11月8日,11:30,Tony Liu <tonyliu0592@xxxxxxxxxxx> 写道:
>
> Is it FileStore or BlueStore? With this SSD-HDD solution, is journal
> or WAL/DB on SSD or HDD? My understanding is that, there is no
> benefit to put journal or WAL/DB on SSD with such solution. It will
> also eliminate the single point of failure when having all WAL/DB
> on one SSD. Just want to confirm.

We are building a new cluster, so BlueStore. I think put WAL/DB on SSD is more about performance. How this is related to eliminating single point of failure? I’m going to deploy WAL/DB on SSD for my HDD OSDs. And of course, just use single device for SSD OSDs

> Another thought is to have separate pools, like all-SSD pool and
> all-HDD pool. Each pool will be used for different purpose. For example,
> image, backup, object can be in all-HDD pool and VM volume can be in
> all-SSD pool.

Yes, I think the same.