Mon crashes when adding 4th OSD

(sending this email again as the first time was blocked because my attached
log file was too big)

Hi all,

*Context*: I'm running Ceph Octopus 15.2.5 (the latest as of this email)
using Rook on a toy Kubernetes cluster of two nodes. I've got a single Ceph
mon node running perfectly with 3 OSDs . There are two pools running which
were created as part of a CephFS install.

*Problem*: when I try to add my 4th OSD, the Ceph mon starts crashing on
the OSDMonitor::build_incremental function. I've checked on the mailing
lists and just in general and the last instance of this issue seems to have
been 7 years ago so I'm probably not hitting the same thing!

*Question*: I was wondering if anyone had ideas on what I might be doing
wrong? I'm very new to Ceph so my suspicion is that it's something to do
with my configuration but given I'm literally just adding an OSD and
everything is fine otherwise, I'm not sure what my mistake might be.

Please find the bug I filed on the Ceph tracker here
<https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/48026> where I've provided a mon log file
with log level 20.

Kind regards,
Lalit Maganti