Question about expansion existing Ceph cluster - adding OSDs

Hi,

I have a cluster with 182 OSDs, this has been expanded towards 282 OSDs.
Some disks were near full.
The new disks have been added with initial weight = 0.
The original plan was to increase this slowly towards their full weight
using the gentle reweight script. However, this is going way too slow and
I'm also having issues now with "backfill_toofull".
Can I just add all the OSDs with their full weight, or will I get a lot of
issues when I'm doing that?
I know that a lot of PGs will have to be replaced, but increasing the
weight slowly will take a year at the current speed. I'm already playing
with the max backfill to increase the speed, but every time I increase the
weight it will take a lot of time again...
I can face the fact that there will be a performance decrease.

Looking forward to your comments!

Regards,

Kristof