Re: Recommended settings for PostgreSQL

Another path that we have been investigating is to use some NVMe on the database machine as a cache (bcache, cachefs, etc). Several TB of U.2 drives in a striped-LVM should enhance performance for 'hot' data and cover for the issues of storing a large DB in Ceph.

Note that we haven't tried this yet, but there are at least some discussions for MySQL.

-Dave

Dave Hall
Binghamton University