fixing future rctimes

Hi all,

We have a few subdirs with an rctime in the future.

# getfattr -n ceph.dir.rctime session
# file: session
ceph.dir.rctime="2576387188.090"

I can't find any subdir or item in that directory with that rctime, so
I presume that there was previously a file and that rctime cannot go
backwards [1]
Is there any way to fix these rctimes so they show the latest ctime of
the subtree?

Also -- are we still relying on the client clock to set the rctime /
ctime of a file? Would it make sense to limit ctime/rctime for any
update to the current time on the MDS ?

Best Regards,

Dan

[1] https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/24023/commits/920ef964311a61fcc6c0d6671b77ffe98522863d