Monitor recovery

Hello experts,

I have accidentally created a situation where the only monitor in a cluster has been moved to a new node without it’s /var/lib/ceph contents. Not realizing what I had done, I decommissioned the original node, but still have the contents of it’s /var/lib/ceph.

Can I shut down the monitor running on the new node, copy monitor data from the original node to the new node and restart the monitor? Or is there information in the monitor database that is tied to the original node? If that’s the case, I suspect I need to somehow recommission the original node.

Thanks for any feedback on this situation!

Brian