Multisite replication speed

Hello everybody,

We have two Ceph object clusters replicating over a very long-distance WAN link. Our version of Ceph is 14.2.10.
Currently, replication speed seems to be capped around 70 MiB/s even if there's a 10Gb WAN link between the two clusters.
The clusters themselves don't seem to suffer from any performance issue.

The replication traffic leverages HAProxy VIPs, which means there's a single endpoint (the HAProxy VIP) in the multisite replication configuration.

So, my questions are:
- Is it possible to improve replication speed by adding more endpoints in the multisite replication configuration? The issue we are facing is that the secondary cluster is way behind the master cluster because of the relatively slow speed.
- Is there anything else I can do to optimize replication speed ?

Thanks for your comments !

Nicolas