Re: rgw snapshots/backup

Den fre 2 okt. 2020 kl 14:07 skrev Manuel Lausch <manuel.lausch@xxxxxxxx>:

> Hi,
> we evaluate rados gateway to provide S3 Storage.
> There is one question related to backup/snapshots.
> Is there any way to create snapshots of buckets and or backup a bucket?
> And how we can access data of a sapshot?
>
> I found only some very old information which indicates that this is not
> possible. Maybe there are new features which I didn't find.

For many, S3 are where you place your backups, which might be why you don't
see that much about backing the S3 up once again.
You can have versioned buckets, which means one can get older versions back
which is somewhat like item snapshots, one can also lock items to prevent
accidental deletion in newer rgw.
On a higher level you could set up bucket replication to a secondary site,
or replicate all of it at certain intervals.