Re: RBD-Mirror: snapshots automatically created?

It just hit me when I pushed the "send" button: the (automatically created) first snapshot initiates the first full sync to catch up on the remote site, but from then it's either a manual process or the snapshot schedule. Is that it?

Zitat von Eugen Block <eblock@xxxxxx>:

Hi *,

I encountered a rather strange (or at least unexpected) behaviour of the rbd-mirror. Maybe I don't fully understand the feature so please correct me if my assumptions are wrong.

My two (virtual one-node) clusters are still on ceph version 15.2.4-864-g0f510cb110 and the following happens if I'm trying to configure snapshot-based rbd-mirroring:

- I create a one-way replication from site A to site B
- Mirror mode is image (for snapshot-based mirroring)
- Import image on site A (no journal-feature enabled to make sure)
- Image is replicated as soon as I enable the mirror mode on that image with:
rbd mirror image enable pool/image3 snapshot
- rbd info shows "snapshot_count: 1" although I haven't created a snapshot of this image yet, and there's also no schedule:

siteA:~ # rbd mirror snapshot schedule ls
siteA:~ #

This is the third image in this test, I only created one snapshot for image1, not for the other images. Is this expected? From the docs I assumed I have to either create snapshots manually or configure the rbd mirror snapshot schedule. Could anyone please clarify?

Thank you!
Eugen