Mount CEPH-FS on multiple hosts with concurrent access to the same data objects?

I'm new on the list,

so a "Hello" to all! :-)

We're planning a Proxmox-Cluster. The data-center operator advised to
use a virtual machine with NFS on top of a single CEPH-FS instance to
mount the shared CEPH-FS storage on multiple hosts/VMs.

As this NFS/CEPH-FS-VM could be a bottle-neck I was wondering if CEPH-
FS is capable to manage concurrent access and locking itself.

Is it possible to mount CEPH-FS instances on multiple hosts (e.g. /srv)
 all accessing the same data objects without data-loss or dead-locks by
concurrent access?

Will this perform better than a single NFS/CEPH-FS instance (VM)?

Thanx for any hint

Renne