From: Lazuardi Nasution
Date: 2020-09-18 19:21
To: ceph-users
Subject:  Ceph RDMA GID Selection Problem
Hi,

I have something weird about GID selection for Ceph with RDMA. When I do
configuration with ms_async_rdma_device_name and ms_async_rdma_gid_idx,
Ceph with RDMA running successfully. But, when I do configuration with
ms_async_rdma_device_name, ms_async_rdma_local_gid and
ms_async_rdma_roce_ver, Ceph with RDMA is not working, OSDs are down in
seconds after they up. The GID index which is used on the first attempt is
associated with the GID and RoCE version which are used on the second
attempt. Is this the string matter (maybe because GID is using colon
characters) or something else? Using the GID index sometimes gives me
problems due to it not persisting and changes happen every time I do
network reconfiguration (for example: adding/removing VLAN), or even
rebooting.

Best regards,