Re: vfs_ceph for CentOS 8

On 9/17/20 3:21 PM, Frank Schilder wrote:
There is something I don't understand. Looking at what is not supported in CentOS 8 SAMBA, I wonder why vnf_ceph has been left out of the distro. Seems not to make sense.

I could follow the instructions, compile the whole thing and copy the vfs_ceph module out. Question is, what is broken? If nothing is broken, why was it omitted? Is vfs_ceph not production ready on CentOS 8?

I found these packages:

centos-release-samba411.noarch : Samba 4.11 packages from the CentOS Storage SIG repository
centos-release-samba412.noarch : Samba 4.12 packages from the CentOS Storage SIG repository

These enable additional repos that include SAMBA glusterfs support. Is there something similar to enable cephfs support officially?

You should build samba for youself like this `rmbuild --bb --with clustering --with vfs_cephfs samba.spec`