Re: cephadm - How to deploy ceph cluster with a partition on SSD for block.db

On Tue, Sep 08, 2020 at 07:14:16AM -0000, klemen@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I found out that it's already possible to specify storage path in OSD service specification yaml. It works for data_devices, but unfortunately not for db_devices and wal_devices, at least not in my case.

Aside from the question whether db/wal/journal_devices should accept paths as a filter, I'd like to point out that partitions are only a valid argument when calling `ceph-volume lvm prepare/create`. OSD service specs are quite tightly coupled to the batch subcommand, which has no support partitions. The batch subcommand will soon gain support for handle logical volumes too. I'll explore if we can extend osd service specs accordingly. Until then I'm afraid you're stuck to use the create or prepare subcommand for "uncommon" deployments like this (db devices collocated with root device).

service_type: osd
service_id: osd_spec_default
placement:
 host_pattern: '*'