Re: bug of the year (with compressed omap and lz 1.7(?))

Hi Marc,

As far as I know, the osdmap corruption occurs with this osd config:

   bluestore_compression_mode=aggressive
   bluestore_compression_algorithm=lz4

(My understanding is that if you don't have the above settings, but
use pool-specific compression settings instead, then the osdmaps are
not compressed, so they would not be corruptable).

I prefer to stay on the safe side, though: since we know that lz4 <
1.8.2 can corrupt data if comes from fragmented memory, and we don't
know all of the cases where that might be the case, I suggest to use
another algorithm or turn off compression until you have upgraded to
v14.2.10 or newer.

And btw, there was another bug earlier in nautilus where those
pool-specific compression settings weren't applied correctly anyway,
so I'm not sure they even work yet in 14.2.9.

-- dan