From: VELARTIS Philipp Dürhammer <p.duerhammer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 31 August 2020 14:44:07
To: Frank Schilder; 'ceph-users@xxxxxxx'
Subject: AW: Can 16 server grade ssd's be slower then 60 hdds? (no extra journals)

We have older LSi Raid controller with no HBA/JBOD option. So we expose the single disks as raid0 devices. Ceph should not be aware of cache status?
But digging deeper in to it it seems that 1 out of 4 serves is performing a lot better and has super low commit/applay rates while the other have a lot mor (20+) on heavy writes. This just applys fore the ssd. For the hdds I cant see a difference...