Re: BlueFS spillover detected, why, what?

Hi Simon

Unfortunately, the other NVME space is wasted or at least, this is the information we gathered during our research. This fact is due to the RocksDB level management which is explained here (https://github.com/facebook/rocksdb/wiki/Leveled-Compaction). I don't think it's a hard limit but it will be something above these values. Also consult this thread (http://lists.ceph.com/pipermail/ceph-users-ceph.com/2019-February/033286.html). It's probably better to go a bit over these limits to be on the safe side.

Exactly, reality is always different. We also struggle with small files which lead to further problems. Accordingly, the right initial setting is pretty important and depends on your individual usecase.

Regards,
Michael