Re: Resolving a pg inconsistent Issue

Hi,

I'm not sure what SUSE Support would suggest (you probably should be able to open a case?) but I'd probably go for nodeep-scub flag, wait for the already started deep-scrubs to finish and then trigger a pg repair and a deep-scrub on the pg if the repair doesn't resolve it. This shouldn't take too long, afterwards unset the flag.

I don't know if there are other/better ways to prioritize a deep-scrub.

Regards,
Eugen

Zitat von Steven Pine <steven.pine@xxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi Ceph users,

We are running a suse SES 5.5 cluster that's largely based on luminous with
some mimic backports.

We've been doing some large reshuffling from adding in additional OSDs and
during this process we have an inconsistent pg group, investigation
suggests there was a read error.

We would like to target it with a deep-scrub and possibly repair attempt
before marking the individual osd down and replacing the drive, but because
of the weeks of reshuffling, our cluster is behind on deep-scrubs and it
seemingly is refusing to scrub the marked pg, or at least it is scheduling
other pg for deep-scrubs first.

Is there any method we can use to grant deep-scrub priority? How about
adjusting deep-scrub timeframes to be 6 months temporarily, would that
allow us to force the desired pg deep-scrub to occur prior? Or could set
some of the no scrub flags and proceed with a pg repair attempt?

Thank you for any suggestions or advice,

--
Steven Pine
webair.com

   <https://www.facebook.com/WebairInc/>