Re: Problem with OSD::osd_op_tp thread had timed out and other connected issues

Hi Jan,

Jan Pekař wrote:
> Also I'm concerned, that this OSD restart caused data degradation and recovery - cluster should be clean immediately after OSD up when no
> client was uploading/modifying data during my tests.

We're experiencing the same thing on our 14.2.10 cluster. After marking an OSD out, if it's briefly marked down (due to the missed heartbeats or because the daemon was manually restarted) the PGs that were still mapped on it disappear all at once, and we get degraded objects as a result.

In our case, those PGs belong to an EC pool, and we use the PG balancer in upmap mode, so we have a few upmapped PGs on that OSD. Is that the case for you too?

We're going to run some tests to try and better understand what's going on there, but we welcome any feedback in the meantime.

Cheers,

--
Ben