Re: v14.2.10 Nautilus crash

On Fr, 2020-07-10 at 23:52 +0200, Dan van der Ster wrote:
> Otherwise, the question I ask everyone with osdmap issues these days:
> are you using bluestore compression and lz4?

Hi,

first time on this list, so hi everybody!

We saw these crashes with 14.2.9 and upgraded today to 14.2.10.
No crashes so far since the upgrade (but it's running for only a few hours now).

To answer the question: no, we don't run bluestore compression.

But to add some more questioning:

In the bug report/fix https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/46443 it is mentioned
that this is a bug in the linux kernels monotonic timer implementation.

However it is not mentioned if this was ever reported to the upstream linux kernel, or if there is
a fix available for the kernel itself.

Has anyone information regarding a bug report against the kernel?
Did someone very this bug against the latest upstream kernel?

If this is not the case, we will try to reproduce with upstream
and possibly report it as a bug, because I think it is important to fix this
upstream (if it is a problem with non distro kernels).

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Regards

Sven Kieske
Systementwickler

Mittwald CM Service GmbH & Co. KG
Königsberger Straße 4-6
32339 Espelkamp

Tel.: 05772 / 293-900
Fax: 05772 / 293-333

https://www.mittwald.de

Geschäftsführer: Robert Meyer, Florian Jürgens

St.Nr.: 331/5721/1033, USt-IdNr.: DE814773217, HRA 6640, AG Bad Oeynhausen
Komplementärin: Robert Meyer Verwaltungs GmbH, HRB 13260, AG Bad Oeynhausen

Informationen zur Datenverarbeitung im Rahmen unserer Geschäftstätigkeit
gemäß Art. 13-14 DSGVO sind unter www.mittwald.de/ds abrufbar.