Re: Poor Windows performance on ceph RBD.

To anyone who is following this thread, we found a possible explanation for (some of) our observations.

We are running Windows servers version 2016 and 2019 as storage servers exporting data on an rbd image/disk. We recently found that Windows server 2016 runs fine. It is still not as fast as Linux + SAMBA share on an rbd image (ca. 50%), but runs with a reasonable sustained bandwidth. With Windows server 2019, however, we observe near-complete stall of file transfers and time-outs using standard copy tools (robocopy). We don't have an explanation yet and are downgrading Windows servers where possible.

If anyone has a hint what we can do, please let us know.

Best regards,