Upgrade from Luminous to Nautilus 14.2.9 RBD issue?

Hi,

We are experiencing a weird issue after upgrading our clusters from ceph luminous to nautilus 14.2.9 - I am not even sure if this is ceph related but this started to happen exactly after we upgraded, so, I am trying my luck here.

We have one ceph rbd pool size 3 min size 2 from all bluestore osds (KRBD)

I will try to be clear enough.. though I cannot understand exactly whats happening or whats causing the issue.

So, we have 1 virtual machine which uses a rbd image of 2TB - virtio-scsi device. Inside the VM we are trying to create ploop devices to be used for/by containers(inside the VM on the 2TB rbd image QEMU DISK).

There is no way we can create ploop devices, it always crash, please check the crash below:

https://pastebin.com/9khp9XS3 - sdb in the crash is the 2TB rbd image which the VM uses.

There are no other read/write errors, we have health_ok, all OSDs are fine, no errors on any of the phisical disks - this happens only when we want to create ploop devices inside a VM and right after we upgraded our cluster to nautilus 14.2.9. I also did new images/other hosts.. same result. Did try a lot of different versions of ploop packages, same result.

I would appreciate if someone else has encountered something similar and if there is a workaround.

--

Best Regards,

Daniel Stan

Senior System Administrator | NAV Communications (RO)

Office: +40 (21) 655-55-55 | E-Mail: daniel@xxxxxx

Site: www.nav.ro <https://www.nav.ro> | Client: https://client.ro