Feedback of the used configuration

Hello,

After two months of the "ceph try and error game", I finally managed to get an Octopuss cluster up and running.
The unconventional thing about it is, it's just for hot backups, no virtual machines on there.
All the  nodes are without any caching ssd's, just plain hdd's.
At the moment there are eight of them with a total of 50TB. We are planning to go up to 25 and bigger disks so we end on 300TB-400TB

I decided to go with cephfs, because I don't have any experience in things like S3 and I need to read the same file system from more than one client.

I made one cephfs with a replicated pool.
On there I added erasure-coded pools to save some Storage.
To add those pools, I did it with the setfattr command like this:
setfattr -n ceph.dir.layout.pool -v ec_data_server1 /cephfs/nfs/server1

Some of our servers cannot use cephfs (old kernels, special OS's) so I have to use nfs.
This is set up with the included ganesha-nfs.
Exported is the /cephfs/nfs folder and clients can mount folders below this.

There are two final questions:

-          Was it right to go with the way of "mounting" pools with setfattr, or should I have used multiple cephfs?

First I was thinking about using multiple cephfs but there are warnings everywhere. The deeper I got in, the more it seems I would have been fine with multiple cephfs.

-          Is there a way I don't know, but it would be easier?

I still don't know much about Rest, S3, RBD etc... so there may be a better way

Other remarks are desired.

Thanks in advance,
Simon