Re: OSD node OS upgrade strategy

Hello Jared,

you could use croit to manage the osd and drop the work entirely. You would
just need to restart host by host over pxe network to migrate.
Besides that, you can freshly install ubuntu within a running environment
using debootstrap and then just restart the host. However that is quite
tricky and not suggested to inexperienced users.

If you don't touch the Ceph disks at all, the service will come up again
without anything to change from your side. Sometimes it's better to clean
up some old mess and do it the way you currently work.

--
Martin Verges
Managing director

Mobile: +49 174 9335695
E-Mail: martin.verges@xxxxxxxx
Chat: https://t.me/MartinVerges

croit GmbH, Freseniusstr. 31h, 81247 Munich
CEO: Martin Verges - VAT-ID: DE310638492
Com. register: Amtsgericht Munich HRB 231263

Web: https://croit.io
YouTube: https://goo.gl/PGE1Bx