Re: Bucket link problem with tenants

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 8:58 PM Benjamin.Zieglmeier <
Benjamin.Zieglmeier@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a ceph object cluster (12.2.11) that I am unable to figure out how
> to link a bucket to a new user when tenants are involved. If no tenant is
> mentioned (default tenant) I am able to link the bucket to a new user in
> the default tenant just fine. (e.g.: radosgw-admin bucket link
> –bucket=testbucket –uid=testuser)
>
> As soon as I try to either move a bucket from a user in one tenant to
> another user in the same tenant, or move a bucket from one tenant to a user
> in another tenant, I get a failure:
>
> radosgw-admin bucket link --bucket=’tenant1/tenantbucket'
> --uid='tenant1$bentest456'
> failure: (2) No such file or directory:
> 2020-06-17 10:20:45.466579 7f42dd6ccdc0  0 could not get bucket info for
> bucket=tenant1/tenantbucket
>
> Yes, I’ve verified tenant1/tenantbucket exists.
>
> I’ve tried searching previous posts and have been following the RH doco
> here to no avail:
> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_ceph_storage/3/html/object_gateway_guide_for_red_hat_enterprise_linux/rgw-administration-rgw#bucket-management
>
> Any help would be appreciated. Trying to solve specifically for moving
> between users in the same tenant, but would like to solve for other
> scenarios as well (moving between tenants, etc.)
>
> Thanks,
> Ben

Hi Benjamin,

Linking between tenants support was added in v15.1.0 and above. While
'bucket link' command only changes the bucket ownership, a new command
called 'bucket chown' was introduced to change the ownership of both
buckets and their object acls. More on that here:

https://www.spinics.net/lists/ceph-devel/msg44954.html

-shilpa