Re: enabling pg_autoscaler on a large production storage?

Hi,

I agree with "someone" -- it's not a good idea to just naively enable
pg_autoscaler on an existing cluster with lots of data and active
customers.

If you're curious about this feature, it would be harmless to start
out by enabling it with pg_autoscale_mode = warn on each pool.
This way you can see what the autoscaler would do if it were set to
*on*. Then you can tweak all the target_size_ratio or
target_size_bytes accordingly.

BTW, do you have some feeling that your 17000 PGs are currently not
correctly proportioned for your cluster?

-- Dan