Re: Adding OSDs

Yea, I saw the drive group documentation. It might be just a baby-related lack of sleep to blame but, to me, it wasn’t clear if I could achieve what I wanted to.

I can set the criteria for which drives to use for data but can I ‘pair’ the data drive up with matching VG/LVs?

I’m trying to get to:

Data /dev/sdc
WAL vgname/wal-sdc
DB vgname/db-sdc

It might be that this is an incorrect / stupid way to set things up but ISTR the docs stating pointing at an entire LV was best so you don’t have to worry about specifying sizes, etc.