Re: Change mon bind address / Change IPs with the orchestrator

On 6/3/20 4:49 PM, Simon Sutter wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I think I missunderstood the internal / public network concepts in the docs https://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rados/configuration/network-config-ref/.
>
> Now there are two questions:
>
> - Is it somehow possible to bind the MON daemon to 0.0.0.0?

No

> I tried it with manually add the ip in  /var/lib/ceph/{UUID}/mon.node01/config

Won't work :-)

> [mon.node01]
> public bind addr = 0.0.0.0
>

> But that does not work, in netstat I can see, the mon still binds to it's internal ip. Is this an expected behaviour?

Yes. This is not an orchestrator thing, this is how the MONs work. They
need to bind to a specific IP and that can't be 0.0.0.0

You then need to make sure proper routing is in place so all clients and
OSDs can talk to the MONs.

So don't attempt anything like NAT. Make sure everything works with
proper IP-routing.

Wido