Re: No scrubbing during upmap balancing

Actually it's the opposite: I have enabled it: `ceph config set
'osd.*' osd_scrub_during_recovery true`, but still no scrubbing. But
now I'm started thinking that the change of `osd_scrub_during_recovery
true` was not imminent. I have waited for some time, and then reverted
it back to the default `false` As the balancing was nearly done - it
started scrubbing. Is it possible that all OSDs in ACTING and UP
acting sets of backfilling PGs are omitted from scrubbing?

P.S. I think there's a misalignment with documentation, which states
the default is `true`:
https://docs.ceph.com/docs/nautilus/rados/configuration/osd-config-ref/#scrubbing
Code tells it's `false`:
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/46324c2c263175ec562b5ecc178b2c74753c0a84/src/common/options.cc#L3509

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 1:10 PM Paul Emmerich <paul.emmerich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Did you disable "osd scrub during recovery"?
>
> Paul
>
> --
> Paul Emmerich
>
> Looking for help with your Ceph cluster? Contact us at https://croit.io
>
> croit GmbH
> Freseniusstr. 31h
> 81247 München
> www.croit.io
> Tel: +49 89 1896585 90
>

> On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 12:04 AM Vytenis A <vytenis.adm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Forgot to mention the CEPH version we're running: Nautilus 14.2.9
>>
>> On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 12:44 AM Vytenis A <vytenis.adm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi list,
>> >
>> > We have balancer plugin in upmap mode running for a while now:
>> >
>> > health: HEALTH_OK
>> >
>> > pgs:
>> >   1973 active+clean
>> >    194  active+remapped+backfilling
>> >    73   active+remapped+backfill_wait
>> >
>> >     recovery: 588 MiB/s, 343 objects/s
>> >

>> > Our objects are stored on EC pool. We got an PG_NOT_DEEP_SCRUBBED
>> > alert and have noticed that no scrubbing (literally zero) was done
>> > since the balancing started. Has anyone some ideas why this is
>> > happening?
>> >
>> > "pg deep-scrub <pgid>" did not help.
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>> >

>> > --