Re: Setting up first cluster on proxmox - a few questions

Hi,

I strongly suggest you read ceph documentation in https://docs.ceph.com/docs/master

El 21/5/20 a las 15:06, CodingSpiderFox escribió:
Hello everyone :)

When I try to create an OSD, Proxmox UI asks for

* Data disk
* DB disk
* WAL disk

What disk will be the limiting factor in terms of storage size for my OSD - the data disk?
Yes.
How large do I need to make the other two?
You can leave them empty. You can use them to improve OSD performance. Are you using HDD or SSD?

Is there a risk of them running over capacity before the capacity of the OSD is reached? If so, how to avoid this (in terms of usage pattern)?
That risk exists, but if that's the case they will overspill to data disk.

Cheers
Eneko

--
Zuzendari Teknikoa / Director Técnico