Re: Clarification of documentation

Hello Zac,

I have some further questions on that page:

Right before the section "Delete Default Zone Group and Zone" there is another warning that says:

"The following steps assume a multi-site configuration using newly installed systems that aren’t storing data yet. DO NOT DELETE the default zone and its pools if you are already using it to store data, or the data will be deleted and unrecoverable."

Question: Is it a problem when I set up the multi-site configuration on a system that is already storing data - as long as I don't remove the default zone / zone group?
If it is possible to do so, another sentence that says "You can still setup the multi-site with new, non-default zone groups / zones when the system already was storing data".

Then, the section starts with the instruction "Delete the default zone if it exists. Make sure to remove it from the default zone group first.".
I wonder whether it is really necessary to do that because the section "Create a Secondary Zone" says "Delete the default zone if needed." which sounds like it is optional to do so.

In the section "Create a System User":
There is the instruction "Finally, add the system user to the master zone."
The command line for that displayed there is

# radosgw-admin zone modify --rgw-zone=us-east --access-key={access-key} --secret={secret}
# radosgw-admin period update --commit

Then, directly after that follows the section "Update the Period" which also has an instruction to execute the command:
# radosgw-admin period update --commit
It seems that the first ocurrence of that command I mentioned is redundant.

In the section "Changing the Metadata Master Zone" there is this warning:
"Care must be taken when changing which zone is the metadata master. If a zone has not finished syncing metadata from the current master zone, it will be unable to serve any remaining entries when promoted to master and those changes will be lost."

Question: Is there no configuration option that prevents this (at least requiring something like a "--force" flag) while sync is still in progress? This does not sound like a "Secure-by-Default" system.