Re: Cephfs IO halt on Node failure

If your pool has a min_size 2 and size 2 (always a bad idea) it will pause IO in case of a failure until the recovery has finished. So the described behaviour is expected.

Zitat von Amudhan P <amudhan83@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,

Crush rule is "replicated" and min_size 2 actually. I am trying to test
multiple volume configs in a single filesystem
using file layout.

I have created metadata pool with rep 3 (min_size2 and replicated crush
rule) and data pool with rep 3  (min_size2 and replicated crush rule). and
also  I have created multiple (replica 2, ec2-1 & ec4-2) pools and added to
the filesystem.

Using file layout I have set different data pool to a different folders. so
I can test different configs in the same filesystem. all data pools
min_size set to handle single node failure.

Single node failure is handled properly when only having metadata pool and
one data pool (rep3).

After adding additional data pool to fs, single node failure scenario is
not working.

regards
Amudhan P

What’s your pool configuration wrt min_size and crush rules?