Re: Cephadm and rados gateways

I'm experiencing a similar thing with Cephadm when attempting to deploy rgw. Following the instructions at https://ceph.readthedocs.io/en/latest/cephadm/install/#deploy-rgws results in the container failing to start up immediately. Digging through the logs, it is because it can't bind to port 80. There is no configuration on my machines that would prevent it from doing so nor is there an existing service bound to 0.0.0.0:80. Checking within the container, I see that the ceph binary does not have cap_net_bind_service which would be required to bind to port 80 from a non-root user. In addition, I see that rgw_frontends is not editable and is set to port 80.

This seems like a bug in cephadm / the containers it uses. Either the containers should allow ceph to bind to port 80 or rgw_frontends should remain at the default of 7480 to allow the frontends to be deployed.

Is there a way for me to work around this?