Re: Using rbd-mirror in existing pools

When you set up the rbd-mirror daemons with each others’ configs, and initiate mirroring of a volume, the destination will create the volume in the destination cluster and pull over data.

Hopefully you’re creating unique volume names so there won’t be conflicts, but that said if the destination has a collision, it won’t be overwritten.