Re: Memory usage of OSD

Den tors 14 maj 2020 kl 03:52 skrev Amudhan P <amudhan83@xxxxxxxxx>:

> For Ceph  release before nautilus  to effect osd_memory_target changes need
> to restart OSD service.
> I had similar issue in mimic I did the same in my test setup.
> Before restarting OSD service ensure you set osd nodown and osd noout
> similar commands to ensure it doesn't trigger OSD down and recovery.

Noout and norebalance seems like a good option to set before rebooting a
host or restarting OSDs.

Nodown is kind of evil, since it will make clients send IO against the OSD
thinking it is still up which it isn't, so client IO can stall.
Also, with nodown, it will get bad if some failure elsewhere occurs while
you are doing maintenance, since the cluster will send IO to that part too.

Noout is ok, that means the cluster waits for it to come back, but sends
requests to the other replicas in the meantime without starting to rebuild
a new replica, and norebalance to prevent balancing while you are doing
this.
The PGs will be degraded (since they are missing one replica) but the
cluster goes on.