Re: Cluster rename procedure

Are they LVM based?

The keyring files should be just the filenames, yes.

Here's a recent list I saw which was missing the keyring step but is
reported to be complete otherwise.

- Stop RGW services
- Set the flags (noout,norecover,norebalance,nobackfill,nodown,pause)
- Stop OSD/MGR/MON services
- Moves the folder under  /var/lib/ceph/mon/<old cluster name> into
the the <new cluster name >
- Moves the folder under  /var/lib/ceph/mgr/<old cluster name> into
the the <new cluster name >
- Copies the .conf and keyrings with the new cluster name
- Edits systemd unit files for MON and MGR to reflect the new cluster
name at CLUSTER env variable
- Edits /usr/share/ceph-osd-run.sh file to reflect the new cluster
name at CLUSTER env variable
- Changes the lvm tag to the new cluster name for all OSD LVs
- Reloads the systemd daemon
- Starts the MON/MGR/OSD services
- Unset the flags
- Starts the RGW service

On Sat, May 9, 2020 at 4:52 AM Anthony D'Atri <anthony.datri@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  I’ve inherited a couple of clusters with non-default (ie, not “ceph”) internal names, and I want to rename them for the usual reasons.
>
> I had previously developed a full list of steps - which I no longer have access to.
>
> Anyone done this recently?  Want to be sure I’m not missing something.
>
> * Nautilus, CentOS 7, RGW and RBD
> * Rename OSD mountpoints with   mount —move
> * Rename systemd resources / mounts?
> * Rename /var/lib/ceph/{mon,osd} directories
> * Rename ceph*conf files on backend and client systems
> * Rename keyrings — just the filenames?
> * Rename log files
> * Ajust `ceph config` paths for admin socket, keyring, logs, mgr/mds/mon data, osd journal, rgw_data
> * Restart daemons
> * Ensure /var/run/ceph sockets are appropriately named
>

> Thanks
>
> — aad

Cheers,
Brad