Workload in Unit testing

Hi all,

Ceph documentation mentions it has two types of tests: *unit tests* (also
called make check tests) and *integration tests*. Strictly speaking, the *make
check tests* are not “unit tests”, but rather tests that can be run easily
on a single build machine after compiling Ceph from source .

unit tests: https://github.com/ceph/ceph/tree/master/src/test

In order to develop on ceph, I am using a Ceph utility, *vstart.sh*, which
allows me to deploy fake local cluster for development purpose.  I am doing
unit testing. And these tests are helping me. Thanks !

My question: How real and big is the workload of  unit tests? Are these
tests enough for profiling function calls count, loop counts,
parallelism to a good extent?

Thanks in advance !

BR
Bobby !