some ceph general questions about the design

Hello together,

we want to create a productive ceph storage system in our datacenter in may this year with openstack and ucs and i tested a lot in my cep test enviroment, and i have some general questions.

whats receommended?

1. shoud i use a raid controller a create for example a raid 5 with all disks on each osd server? or should i passtrough all disks to ceph osd?
2. if i have a 2 pyhsicaly node osd cluster, did i need 3 physicall mons?
3. if i have a 3 physically node osd cluster, did i need 5 physicall mons?
3. where i should in install the mgr? on osd or mon
4. where i should in install the rgw? on osd or mon OR on 1 or 2 separate machines?

in my testlab i created 3 VMs osds with mgr installed, and 5 VMs mons , and 1 VM as rgw -> is this correct?

thx in advance
hfreidhof