Re: Recommendation for decent write latency performance from HDDs

My main problem with LVM cache was always the unpredictable
performance. It's *very* hard to benchmark properly even in a
synthetic setup, even harder to guess anything about a real-world
workload.
And testing out both configurations for a real-world setup is often
not feasible, especially as usage patterns change over the lifetime of
a cluster.

Does anyone have any real-world experience with LVM cache?

Paul

--
Paul Emmerich

Looking for help with your Ceph cluster? Contact us at https://croit.io