Re: Multiple CephFS creation

This has changed in Octopus. The above config variables are removed.
Instead, follow this procedure.:

https://docs.ceph.com/docs/octopus/cephfs/standby/#configuring-mds-file-system-affinity

Thanks for the clarification, IIRC I had troubles applying the mds_standby settings in Nautilus already, but I haven't verified yet so I didn't mention that in my response. I'll take another look at it.

Zitat von Patrick Donnelly <pdonnell@xxxxxxxxxx>:

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 11:57 PM Eugen Block <eblock@xxxxxx> wrote:
For the standby daemon you have to be aware of this:

> By default, if none of these settings are used, all MDS daemons
> which do not hold a rank will
> be used as 'standbys' for any rank.
> [...]
> When a daemon has entered the standby replay state, it will only be
> used as a standby for
> the rank that it is following. If another rank fails, this standby
> replay daemon will not be
> used as a replacement, even if no other standbys are available.

Some of the mentioned settings are for example:

mds_standby_for_rank
mds_standby_for_name
mds_standby_for_fscid

The easiest way is to have one standby daemon per CephFS and let them
handle the failover.

--
Patrick Donnelly, Ph.D.
He / Him / His