BlueStore and checksum

Hi,
I am trying to find out whether Ceph has a method to detect silent
corruption such as bit rot. I came across this text in a book - "Mastering
Ceph : Infrastructure Storage Solution with the latest Ceph release" by
Nick Fisk -

Luminous release of Ceph employs ZFS-like ability to checksum data at every
read. BlueStore calculates and stores the crc32 checksum of any data that
is written. On each read request, BlueStore reads the checksum and compares
it with the data read from the device. If there is a mismatch, BlueStore
will report read error and repair damage. Ceph will then retry the read
from another OSD holding the object.

I have two questions:
1. If there is a mismatch will the ceph user (who initiated GET) receive
any error message and he has to retry OR will this error be auto-corrected
by Ceph and the data would be returned from the other OSD (user will never
know what went wrong underneath?
2. Does this feature work for Multi-part upload objects also?

--
Regards,
Priya