Re: Space leak in Bluestore

Bluestore fsck/repair detect and fix leaks at Bluestore level but I doubt your issue is here.

To be honest I don't understand from the overview why do you think that there are any leaks at all....

Not sure whether this is relevant but from my experience space "leaks" are sometimes caused by 64K allocation unit and keeping tons of small files or massive small EC overwrites.

To verify if this is applicable you might want to inspect bluestore performance counters (bluestore_stored vs. bluestore_allocated) to estimate your losses due to high allocation units.

Significant difference at multiple OSDs might indicate that overhead is caused by high allocation granularity. Compression might make this analysis not that simple though...

Thanks,

Igor