Re: v15.2.0 Octopus released

On 25/03/2020 10:10, konstantin.ilyasov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> That is why i am asking that question about upgrade instruction.
> I really don`t understand, how to upgrade/reinstall CentOS 7 to 8 without affecting the work of cluster.
> As i know, this process is easier on Debian, but we deployed our cluster Nautilus on CentOS because there weren`t any packages for 14.x for Debian Stretch (9) or Buster(10).
> P.s.: if this is even possible, i would like to know how to upgrade servers with CentOs7 + ceph 14.2.8 to Debian 10 with ceph 15.2.0 (we have servers with OSD only and 3 servers with Mon/Mgr/Mds)

I guess you could upgrade each node one by one. So upgrade/reinstall the
OS, install Ceph 15 and re-initialise the OSDs if necessary. Though it
would be nice if there was a way to re-integrate the OSDs from the

Personally, I'm planning to wait for a while to upgrade to Ceph 15, not
in the least because it's not convenient to do stuff like OS upgrades
from home ;-)

Currently we're running ubuntu 18.04 on the ceph nodes, I'd like to
upgrade to ubuntu 20.04 and then to ceph 15.

Cheers

/Simon