Re: [15.1.1-rc] - "Module 'dashboard' has failed: ('pwdUpdateRequired',)"

On 2020-03-23 12:23, Gencer W. Genç wrote:

> Yeah, I saw the PR and i still hit the issue today. In the meantime
> while @Volker investigates, is there a workaround to bring dashboard
> back? Or should I wait for @Volker's investigation?

The workaround is likely to remove the user account, so it can be
re-created with the required pwdUpdateRequired field included in the
record. However, the command to remove dashboard user accounts needs a
running dashboard module... We probably have a chicken-and-egg situation
here. We're looking into a way to remove the record from the MON
database directly, without using the dashboard built-in commands.

> P.S.: I fopund this too: https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/44271

Yep, that also related to this topic. The dashboard code that performs
an upgrade of the user database to a new structure only takes care of
changes between nautilus and octopus, but did not kick in for updates
from one octopus RC to the next.

Lenz

--
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH - Maxfeldstr. 5 - 90409 Nuernberg
GF: Felix Imendörffer, HRB 36809 (AG Nürnberg)