Re: New 3 node Ceph cluster

Hello Amudhan,

I will be using Cephfs + with samba for max 10 clients for upload and
> download.

Please use samba vfs and not the kernel mount.

Earlier I have tested orchestration using ceph-deploy in the test setup.
> now, is there any other alternative to ceph-deploy?

Yes, try our deployment tool. It brings you Ceph the easy way including
anything from Ceph RBD, S3, CephFS, NFS, ISCSI, SMB,.. hassle free.

Storage Node HW is Intel Xeon E5v2 8 core single Proc, 32GB RAM and 10Gb
> Nic 2 nos., 6TB SATA  HDD 24 Nos. each node, OS separate SSD disk

You need at least 4 GB ram per HDD, using 24 disks per System is not
suggested. With croit, you won't need an OS disk as the storage node gets
live booted over the network using PXE. Depending on your requirements, CPU
could be a bottleneck as well.

Can I restrict folder access to the user using cephfs + vfs samba or should
> I use ceph client + samba?

In croit you can attach the samba service to an active directory to make
use of permissions. You can configure them by hand as well.

Ubuntu or Centos?

Debian ;) it's the best. But Ubuntu is ok as well.

Any block size consideration for object size, metadata when using cephfs?

Leave it by the defaults unless you know what special case you have. A lot
of issues we see in the wild coming from bad configurations, copy pasted
from a random page found on google.

--
Martin Verges
Managing director

Mobile: +49 174 9335695
E-Mail: martin.verges@xxxxxxxx
Chat: https://t.me/MartinVerges

croit GmbH, Freseniusstr. 31h, 81247 Munich
CEO: Martin Verges - VAT-ID: DE310638492
Com. register: Amtsgericht Munich HRB 231263

Web: https://croit.io
YouTube: https://goo.gl/PGE1Bx